boom sleeve

bplaxton

I installed my boom sleeve recently. As it didn't come with any directions I want to confirm that I did it properly (or screwed up). Its located just behind the goose-neck end cap (1 - 2 mm behind) and is held in place with 4, 3/16" steel rivets through the vang attachment. Is there a need for anymore rivets closer to the goose-neck boom end? I've sailed with it once as-is in light winds and noticed a definite difference in the way it feels when you pull the vang on.

Bill P.

Care to enlighten us on where and how you got a boom sleeve? As far as I know, they haven't been approved to be class legal yet...

Don't need any more rivits IMHO. Class rules give the max location aft it can extend (1220mm from front of boom including plug) Those I've talked to agree max aft is better for max stiffness in the boom.

Bill check the internet, u can find instructions and measurements for booms sleeves. If not i recently purchased one and i think it might have come with instructions. If ur unable to find anything on the net i can bring my instructions to provontials. Message me if u cant find anything on the net. And boom sleeves are class legal and have come with all new boats for at least the last 10 years.

Back