block on hiking strap

R

Ross B

Im thinking of attaching a block on my hiking stap, theres lots of fristion at the strap end, and i cant easily adjust it because the bungee interferes with it, because there is only one loop, the only downside of the Rooster Strap :)

no where in the rules does it say that you cant use a block

17. C. The hiking strap supporting line between the aft end of the hiking strap and the eye straps on the aft face of the cockpit may be rigged in any manner so that the hiking strap is fixed or adjustable.

"may be rigged in any manner so that the hiking strap is fixed or adjustable."

key words, "in any manner"

flame away

I just got the International Laser Class Association 2006 Handbook in the mail and on page 30 it states "If Part Three does not specifically allow a change or addition - IT IS ILLEGAL!". It goes on to say "If you race a Laser that has a change or addition not allowed by the class rules you will be disqualified from the race. Ignorance of the rules is no defence".

You are right though, "in any manner" is very open to interpretation. I would like for my hiking strap to be easier to adjust. Right now I cannot adjust it very easily even though I have followed the method outlined in Dick Tillman's book.

I'm also with CIndy. I also think that if you attach a block, theres not enough friction so the adjustment doesn't hold (especially if your heavyweighted) :rolleyes: .

Back