blisteres inside?

stevo_sails_up

Okay, i started doing some miner work on my mast step and it turned into a huge job. My mast step was leaking cause the bottom was grinded out. At one point in time the mast step had allready been replaced, either the disk fell out or it was patched even before the disk was being put in the patches. Also there was some cracking on the one side of the mast step at the top where perhaps someone did not do well stepping the mast? anyway, i can fix that but i decided since it was allready a patch the whole section would be easy to get out then i could make sure i did a bang up job,. THe section was easily outed and i will be able to easily fix it up however i am noticing some little blisters on the inside of the hull. they are about the size of a penny. they are not all round and dad and i are arguing whether they are imperfections with the building process (in which case they can be left alone?) or whether it is something that needs to be fixed right away. Any ideas? its number 4379 so its pretty old but seems to be in good shape. Anyway, whats the verdict?

The description is not quite enough for me to positively comment.

I want to know more about the "blisters."

Are they soft?

Do they look white?

Do they look like lots of little glass fibers?

Are they hard like plastic or or soft like random glass material?

Are they filled with water?

Are they in a part of the boat where water may have sat for long periods?

Glass is laminated by putting down sheets of glass soaked with gooey resin material. The sheets dont sit flat so there are bubbles and lumps. The laminator uses a ribbed roller to break the surface tension of the resin and let the air out. ...With that in mind. Do you think the bubblkes are simply something that was never made flat or do the bubbles look like something that grew from the layers somehow coming apart?

You can probably use the questions to generate some sort of description that will make it possible to give really good answers about the boat.

before i describe the blisters keep in mind that it has yet to be in the water this year and has been sitting upside down since about thanksgiving. The blisters appear to be about the size of a dime or a quarter, look the same colour as the rest of the glass (so tthat brownish sort of colour) a few look like they are just messy spots in the fiber. They are located on the inside of the hull on the 'floor'. They are dry (but like i said its been sitting for a few months) and they are almost...crunchy, like very very thin bits of fiberglass, pretty sure they are hollow though.

Back