Best way to keep a hull clean?

dfw75001

dfw75001
I recall reading some differing opinions as to whether it is faster to wax/not wax the hull. My question is this:

Our club routinely mows around the boats in our yards, leaving a lot of grass clippings on the boat bottoms(that just can't be fast). I'm a new father, so won't have as much time to spend keeping the bottom spotless. Considering overall maintenance time, is it better to:

A. Apply a coat of wax, thinking this will allow less grass to stick
B. Just keep the bottom free of all foreign objects, degreased, etc, even though that grass is a pain to get off
C. Stop being so AR and get out and sail

Thanks for your opinions!

If its just grass that should come off right after it gets into that water. Or at least that has been for me. A coat of wax is always a good thing to have on any way. It doesnt take that long to put of, but ull want to make sure all the grass is off and u have a nice clean bottom before u put wax on.

Guys/Gals:

I haven't tried to clean free Sunfish yet, but when I cleaned up my Hobie 17 that had been outside for 3 years in the weather with BAD green slime :eek: I used Bon Ami. It is only a $1 a can at the grocery store and even got out rust stains. :D For bad stains make a paste and let it sit for 10-15 minutes before you wash it off. :rolleyes: It did a VERY good job on the boat and it really looks good. :D

Hope this helps?

Doug

Back