Best Sailmaker?

deadhorse.gif

Please search thru the threads here, we've covered it thoroughly.

Search on "Hyde North" and you should find the majority of them.

Sorry I asked, first I get spanked by 49208 and then ridiculed by the Boat House, I don't think this would be the first place I would shop for Laser parts and gear.

Don't take it hard. Its a subject that keeps coming up and can cause controversy.

To some extent is probably depends on where you live. If I want class legal then I buy a Laser sail. End of story as that is all there is. Being a (strict) one design choice is limited (for sails that are class legal). Apparently some parts of the world allow a choice between two sailmakers, but this only in limited areas.

Ian

With lasers, there isn't really much choise.
With other boats, whoever gives you the most suport. Buying sails from someone who has won alot in your class or whatever dosn't mean that the sails will be good for you, often the sails need to be custom made for the specific boat due to diffrent masts, weights bla bla bla bla =P
If you just buy a sail from someone you'll usualy get something that will only work well in strong winds (if even that) cause they're the easiest to make and in most cases always work ok in strong winds wile sails for lighter winds get quite dodgy if you don't know exactly what you're making it for =p

Sorry I asked, first I get spanked by 49208 and then ridiculed by the Boat House, I don't think this would be the first place I would shop for Laser parts and gear.

49208 gave you advice and BoatHouse was trying to make a joke....

I'm postive that 49208 was making a joke. He is very helpful here. The "spanking" was "beating a dead horse." He has removed the icon, I guess, because it was misunderstood. We have talked extensively about sailmakers and it is a FAQ. Maybe we can get something in the Laser Wiki about sails.

Back