best buy

what is the best sailing gear you have bought? (for your boat and for yourself) Being a pretty new laser sailer im looking for what items would be a good buy, even thought most items are just for comfort/look. althought my budget is low I like having things that i wish i could buy if only i had the $$

Can't think of anything specific, but lots of cool stuff to drool over at intensitysails - and good prices too.

looks like it's an option when entering your address at checkout... I can't imagine why they wouldn't - though shipping is probably more

My grippy toestrap - not that you can buy the one I had as it was a Phoenix Marine toestrap merged with a KMSails toestrap. (Others are available however)

Saved me on dodgy tacks soo many times when only the tip of my boot made contact with toestrap. Any other strap I'd have been swimming!

Upgrading to the Harken kicker, I think was my best buy.

Just makes adjusting it a non issue, after fighting with the old (non xd) version.

Intensity sails will ship to Canada. The shipping is not cheap so consolidate your orders, maybe combine an order with a friend or something. You will also have to pay duty. My last order was sent US postal service so I ended up picking it up at Canada post and paid the duty at the post office. No extra paper work on my part. For my $200 order the duty amounted to about $30. In the end I twas still cheaper than the dealer in Toronto.

Wet suit. For the boat, maybe the pad eye to lead the cunningham and outhaul to the deck. Another thumbs up from me to intensity sails for cheap yet good gear.

Dry suit; allows me to frostbite and to go out by myself once the water gets cold.

PS: my (third-hand) boat came with the 'new' vang but after having sailed another boat with an old vang, I do appreciate the upgrade (a lot).

Back