Autralian mast top section in Europe

Cenutrio

Hi guys, it has been a long time since last time I posted.

I wonder if anyone knows if there's a way to get masts top sections in Europe (even better if nearby Holland). I have bended 2 top sections just last season, as you can imagine, I'm pretty mad at the poor quality standards. I'm not too heavy 75 kg (165 pounds)

I heard the australians masts are more stiff, but still flexible enough, so no plasticity occurs (that ends up ruining the mast).

Any ideas where I can get them?

I'm willing to negotiate with any australian sailor that will come for the Europe olympic circuit.

Thanks and good winds,

cenutrio

ESP151396

Hi
The World Men's (and a week later, the Youth) Radial Championship 2007 in August is hold at Scheveningen/NL and the World Laser Masters Championship 2007 in October is hold at Roses (not far away from Barcelona). 3 additional chances for you perhaps to get such a top section from a sailor of down under. :)
Perhaps additional you start a request at the online-market of laserklasse.nl, if you are at the Netherlands (some complete Laser's from down under (f.e.: that boat Dr. Blackburn did use during his 2006-circuit at Europe) have been sold there, this winter).
In GER, not many of this top sections are to find and those Laserites who have it, not do offer it often (A couple of years ago, I have seen such an offer here in East-GER, but not again till then...)

Cheers
LooserLu

That is very nice advice LooserLu, I appreciate it a big deal. Any idea of top aussies sailors that will come to race in the Spa regatta or the radial world's that may be onterested in selling? Thanks!

I plan to sail in Roses at least. In the circit, I'll race in Spa (last time I did it was in '94 :)

It is cool to live in the Netherlands and race lasers again (in the doordrijvers), I gave up for almost 8 years and it surely is fun.

Cheers.

ESP151396

You know, when it comes to top sections, you can just bend them back =P
Just put the top part of it on a bench or something and press down on it untill it looks fine =P

Not so sure our top sections are any better than elsewhere though. Daughter got a new one in January for her 4.7 as a result of breaking old one, and it very quickly bent at the collar. I know you're supposed to break them in, but that's a bit hard when your have to get a new one in the middle of a championship event!!!

But you're right, they do quite easily bend back, just wondering how many times I can do that without breaking the next one!!

Peter in Tassie

Well, I've been rotating those mats, bend them back, everything. The problem is that you can do this but if it cracks, you spoil a perfectly fine sail.

Anyhow, both were bend just after a couple days of sailing, they seem made of plastiline :(

Thanks for the posts.

Well, I've been rotating those mats, bend them back, everything. The problem is that you can do this but if it cracks, you spoil a perfectly fine sail.

Anyhow, both were bend just after a couple days of sailing, they seem made of plastiline :(

Thanks for the posts.
Don't rotate them, they break really fast if you do that, just bend them back quite often (preferably as soon as it starts getting bent).
The mast breaking isn't that much of a problem eather as any local sailmaker can fix the hole in the sail without any problems whatsoever, it's really easy and shouldn't cost you much at all =P

Back