Anyone know about these two Sunfish sorta boat?

Petrel

1. "Dolphin Senior" -- a 15 ft long, ample foot cockpit fg board boat.
When were they made (from when to when) and does anyone know about anything to be particularly aware of in a used boat? Are parts available? I think the manufacturer went out of business.

2. Colombia(n) heavier than SF board boat? (It's probably loaded with cocaine?:eek:)

Thanks. Petrel

Dolphin, built by Silver Line Boats, Moorhead, MN
Not likely you'll find parts easily for a boat that went out of production so long ago and wasn't produced in any large numbers.
Historical website
http://www.silverlineboats.org

Columbia, I don't know. There is a Columbia yacht company who's been around since the 50's. Wouldn't be surprising to find they built or put their name on a lateen rigged board boat during the Sunfish heyday.

Thanks, Wayne.

I spotted one for sale for about $350 and was attracted to it because of the larger size. I'd like my spouse to go with me -- forced FUN? (duress, sure, but what the heck) and was attracted by the larger hull size LOL. Together we might be about 360 to 370 Lbs. Can a SF support two adults and this total weight. My little silly snark can't (well, not and have the thing move along in the water with the crew above the surface. ;)

Carrie,

The old brochures listed Sunfish at 500 pound capacity. Two people can sail on the Sunfish. It brings couples together the same way a tandem bicycle or a canoe does.

Thanks, Wayne.

<It brings couples together the same way a tandem bicycle or a canoe does.>

Oh boy. And voices carry well across the water.

Back