A man with a dream

jerzytoal

Its been my dream to buy a sailboat for the past 2 years but I have absolutely no clue how to sail and what to buy. Can someone please help me or at least point me in the right direction. Ive been watching countless sailing youtube videos and even read How to Sail by Carl D. Lane. I just dont feel confident enough to set sail after reading a book and watching a few videos. Maybe someone on here can take the time out of their day to coach me or give me some pointers because ive already fully made my mind im buying a boat this spring. curious to see how helpful the sailing community is cheers!

If I were you I would find a local sailing organization that that will take you out and actually sail. I would not spend time or money on something you may not like. Forget about getting a boat and focus on getting on a boat. Take an on the water sailing course with someone that knows what they are doing and more importantly will tell and teach you. Once you are comfortable on the water and a sailboat you will also begin to form an opinion on what type and size of boat you might like to sail and own.
Dale

Back