2008 World Champ Boat(s)

BobKat

Found three for sale - according to the seller "all were purchased right after the event and so they have very little use". There's a decal on each of them that says something like "Buffalo Sailing Club" or something like that and apparently they were sailed in Canada? Other than scratches on the deck fore and aft from the booms, they looked pretty good. Anyone got an opinon on if they are good, bad or indifferent based on their kind of different history? $3,900 for everything plus dolly and cover.

Found three for sale - according to the seller "all were purchased right after the event and so they have very little use". There's a decal on each of them that says something like "Buffalo Sailing Club" or something like that and apparently they were sailed in Canada? Other than scratches on the deck fore and aft from the booms, they looked pretty good. Anyone got an opinon on if they are good, bad or indifferent based on their kind of different history? $3,900 for everything plus dolly and cover.

You just got to do your 'due diligence' on each of these boats.

Yes, the Worlds were held at the Buffalo Canoe Club in 2008 on a site right across the border in Canada.

The statement that these boat had 'very little use' should be taken with a grain of salt. The boats could have been sailed hard in the meantime, or maybe they were just 'sitting' some place. You just got to find out for yourself. Moreover, the status of each of the three boats could be different.

If you need advice about evaluating a second hand boat, please consult the Sunfish KB & FAQ section of the Forum first. You can also use the Search function to find out more.

As an aside, I will say that $3900 seems a bit much, assuming no trailer is involved.

Thank you for the reply, I was put off by the price and the condition to be honest, kind of backed up my first impression.

Back