where can i get a sail for a good price?

$60 1980laser

I bought a 1980 laser for $60, you read correatly, $60. the boat came with everything, the only thing it was missing was the vang. I had been looking for a laser for quite some time before I found mine because they are very expensive. although the boat was complete, it had been painted black and read with a mop! it was horrible to look at but I did not care because the price was right. I went out and bought some fiberglass paint remover and about a month later i had the boat painted white on white, went out and got the missing vang, and got all new line for everything. now the boat looks good, the lines look good, the spars look good (i was especially happy about that when i bought the boat, the mast sections look almost new), and every other odd and end looks good. i am writing this because now i have to find a new sail. the one that came with the boat is a rag rather than a sail. does anyone out there have or know where i could get a standard laser sail for cheap. i dont have a lot of money and want a new sail but for $500, i will keep on sailing with my rag!

This is what I did -

1) Try to find a used sail from a local sail loft or laser fleet
2) Search Craigslist.com in your area
3) Ebay

I just bought one in decent shape for $50 on craigslist. Used Ebay ones seem to go for about $150 - $250

Good luck.

Back