• I don't understand the poll.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • You don't understand the poll

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

gouvernail

Super Opinionated and Always Correct
Our local fleet hosts Wednesday night races for Lasers and Sunfish. ("Fleet" in the previous sentence is our singlehanded sailing fleet)
Our races are run using the college whistle system. We wave a flag on a pvc pipe with a Sunfish or a Laser sail insignia and yell the name of the fleet and the course as a sort of pre warning signal.
Example: SUNFISH TRIANGLE

A few seconds later we sound the first three whistles and stab the flag pole in a socket on the boat.

Currently our Laser flag is in my truck on its way to either the junk pile or some sort of refurbish. it has been oiur flag for at least ten years and it was a sail before that. It is looking really tired.

Should we start from scratch or sew a new perimeter on the old tired flag??

Hi,

I'd cut the logo out of an old sail. To get fancy, you can magic marker the logo on the other side to match.

Al

vtgent49 said:
Hi,

I'd cut the logo out of an old sail. To get fancy, you can magic marker the logo on the other side to match.

Al

Hey, I didn't know you guys were so much into arts and crafts! Seriously, the Gouv doesn't spend his time salvaging old boats--why would he doodle a new flag? What say you, Gouvernail?

Back