Wanna sail.....

I'm 16 years old and have recently joined sea scoults in portland SSS 734- Dolphin too. in our boathouse we have a laser thats pritty much sitting there and needs some patch work done on it. I know how to do the fiberglass stuff, but not how to sail it :). I was just wondering if anyone knew how i should get started in sailing lasers, or where i can find laser clubs in or around Vancouver WA. And also i would like to get my own laser....I looked on craigslist but found almost nothing there :mad: I am looking for a fixer-upper. anyone know where to look?

Also can anyone reccomand a book or website with more info about lasers?

You need to hook up with George at West Coast Sailing. He is there in Portland and is very involved in the local laser scene. He was very helpful when I was buying my used laser. His shop is also a sponser of this site. Just click on an ad and you'll find his site.

http://www.westcoastsailing.net/

Good luck!

ps. he sells used boats too.

For right now i think i will use the one that my sea scout base has and lern how to sail. I am just trying to get an idea for a used one, but honestly i am looking for somthing that just needs work done on it, i know how to do most of the fiberglass work, and i am sure i can figure out anything else that i would need to do. If i cant figure i out then my sea scout skipper knows :)

Back