Dennis

test upload here...
(dennis olson, tomales bay)

Attachments

• Tomales Shark.jpg
    Tomales Shark.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 149
terraslaser said:
and why would the l;aser be sailing towards the shark.

Because Laser sailors are reverent, thrifty, and BRAVE! No wait, that's Boy Scouts.

Merrily

There's gotta be some racing rule that applies to make a good punchline, but I don't know the rules well enough to make the joke....something like, "Because the Laser's on port tack and is outside of the 2bl area and has called for room to tack..." I dunno, but there's a good punchline in there somewhere...anybody who knows the rules better than me want to try making one up?

Okay paste job, but defininately a fake. The shadow is off, The lighting is too even and the wake is not right.

Well, I hate to quibble about the light, shadow and wake, but the fact is that is a completely real photo. I took it with slide film and my old Canon A1 waterproof. Even now when I have a computer and digital camera I don't know enough about Photoshopping or whatever to make a fake shot. I can't swear it was a shark, but it and I circled each other for a few minutes and it was also seen by restaurant patrons on the near shore.

Dennis Olson

Thanks for the clarification, it certainly is a unique photo. I'd say it was a shark if was "circling for a couple of minutes" - lucky you had your camera on board.

Do you have any more shots you can show us?

Back