Stolen Laser on EBay?

Rob B

This listing made me a bit curious. On ebay there is an older model laser listed. It's in the NE an older orange hull on a homemade looking white trailer. It's hull, spars and trailer only. The guy does not have the sail, rudder, dagger board, trailer title, lines, and so on. Sounds to me like someone went to a club, hooked up a laser, took it home and has it listed on ebay. Check it out. Anyone missing this boat?

could anybody tell me where i will find boaty stuff on ebay i.e what to type in because its lost me

If you go to eBay, in the search menu search for things like "Laser sailboat," "laser Sail" or "Laser boat." Searching simply "Laser will get you tons of rubbish. You can also click on the link to eBay motors. Once there, click on the "Boats" links. In a sub-category you will find "Sailing Hardware and Gear." This is where you'll find most of what you are looking for.

In addition to macwas16:
Sometimes, at ebay.com, Laser-"parts" are to find at the sport-area of ebay at the section "other sporting goods".
Ciao
LooserLu

Yes I tend to agree, it seems very suspicious, who sells a boat and has no clue what it is.

The fact that none of the parts come with the boat is quite unusual...probably the sail, lines, rudder and tiller are still in the locker at the club. Also what is the deal with no title to the trailer??

It is obviously a very old boat judging from the wooden rails, main block and the types of cleats on the deck, and that it is not a very good boat as it has a mast step replacement.

How old is it, reading the listing the seller can not find anything on the transom which means that the imprint for registration and year is under the bow eye which would then identify it as a very early boat. It is at least 30years old.

Stolen?? maybe, maybe not, could be someone clearing out a barn or cottage and this was left behind, but I would say that it is unusual selling an incomplete boat, perhaps 'CIS Yachting' would have fun with this

Back