New rigging

TomW

I have a old laser , thinking of frostbiting and I needto update the rigging.

I understand that the class approved such updates , I was looking for advice on how to proceed.

Do you have to use a class system? can you be creative?

Does anybody have pictures of what they have done?

Search the threads here, we have talked about in the past. Also, check out the drLaser site, plenty of reading in the maintainence section as well as pictures and diagrams.

You have to use a few class approved pieces (deck plate for cunn/outhaul block,cleat base, and lower vang fitting) if you choose to go with the new approved updates. Otherwise you can "turbo" the old style rigging with blocks.

ya check out DRlaser there's alot of good options there or you can try to make sense of the ILCA regs me personally i havent updated anything exept the cunninham which i did in about 10 minutes with some old blocks in my basment and the main advantage of the new system is the deck lead lines and those you are required to buy the "builder approved" or "builder made" systems. As for the actual updates i should hope your well off in either money or time because the new system to buy is expencive or time consuming to make.
good luck

Dylan
963 days to challanger vs alingy Americas Cup 2007

Back