Lee Montes: Tips for Sunfish sailing--video

L&VW

Not very technical. You can save six minutes by skipping this one. :confused:

I should add that if you're towing your Sunfish fast behind a powerboat, leave the daggerboard down as otherwise, the cockpit will fill completely with water!
:eek:

We towed 2 Sunnies behind a Hobie a couple of years ago. Rudders down with tillers lashed amidships, daggerboard out.
DSCN1214.jpeg

Lee's video is at least two years old but his tips are still relevant.

PS: No need for masks anymore (on or near the water) :)

Andyatos towed me back to the launch in his Laser when I broke my rudder cheek. That was the first time we sailed and he was still willing to sail with me. Truly a great guy!
That was a fun time, after the breakdown. For I while I towed Phil with him in his boat, bracing with his paddle like a raft guide going down the Grand Canyon. Then we towed his Sunfish with the 2 of us in my Laser. Much faster.

- Andy

That was a fun time, after the breakdown. For I while I towed Phil with him in his boat, bracing with his paddle like a raft guide going down the Grand Canyon. Then we towed his Sunfish with the 2 of us in my Laser. Much faster.

- Andy
And much more fun when I transferred to your Laser. Hanging out on the deck while you sailed us back was really cool and funny too, LOL... Post the vid Andy, and I hope people will laugh with me and not at me. Or both ...

Back