just some summer pics from the first away game this season.

joe c

banned
Loaded up the fish on the trailer and took off for a state park up in the nothern chesapeake. about an hour away. (elk neck state park). theres a pretty ok ramp on the clean side of the peninsula and the camp grounds and beaches run along the coast to the end of the point on both sides. so its a fun little spot to sail. put in and sailed just around the corner to one of the coves where we found a nice little beach next to our camp earlier that morning. the scouts had shown up and lots of the kids wanted to a ride across the cove so i gave them all short rides just off the beach. camped. had the boat out for hrs on saturday. 82 degrees with 72 degree water. nice light breeze. tons of sun. had various people piled on the boat at various times. sailed across the river probably 3 miles round trip. then sailed back to the ramp. chased around a catalina 28. gave my friend the tiller and sheet to try sailing. i somehow capsized it in waist deep water at the beach. hehe. then went into town for beers and tacos. camp fire followed. summer is here. can you have more fun? yay. is there some unwritten law about having two sunfish at the same place at the same time. our buddy who has one bailed at the last minute!
IMG_20220604_183448.jpg
IMG_20220605_122816.jpg
IMG_20220604_183553.jpg
IMG_20220603_191132_01.jpg

Last edited:

Back