Identify type of Laser

I just bought a used laser and want to figure out what I have (radial, etc.) What are the measurements for the different type of sails/spars?

Thanks.

well i don't know the mesurement... but for the sail check how it,s made... if it's made using triangular pieces of cloth then it's radial if it's made of rectangular panel well it's a full rig... no clue how the 4.7 sail looks like but I don't think you have one... for the spars well you would have to check vanguard website probably... www.teamvanguard.com

the last 2 numbers on the end of the serial # (located @ the stern) will tell u what year ur laser is

use the sail # to find out if it is a radial or not

like L-P Gauhtier said:"you would have to check vanguard website probably... www.teamvanguard.com"

if the large side of the window is towards the mast adn/or it has blue triangles on the corners it is a radial. if the large side of the window is at the back its a standard!

Joe Steinbeck, in post #3, said, "use the sail # to find out if it is a radial or not."

How do you tell if your boat is a Radial or not from the sail number? I do not believe this is true..., unless I am missinterpretting this...

The best way to tell if a Laser is radial or not is to simply look at the Laser logo on the sail, if the logo is parrallel to the batten pocket then it is a Laser-Full Rig and if the Laser Logo is not parrallel then it is a Radial you can tell if it is a 4.7 or not by looking to see if your bottom section comes bent out of the factory (And the sail is noticeably smaller). And by the way you cannot tell the what kind of sail you own by looking at the sail #. The sail number has nothing to do with your sail, it simply represents your boats hull # (Unless it was purchased from another sailor).

you can tell 4.7s by the huge logo on the sail... as my friend says (not politically-correctly: you've been warned), it serves to 'remind you that you're a pussy the entire way around the race course) .

Back