Media I-LYA Junior Sail Regatta at Put-in-Bay

Merrily

Administrator
Here's a few photos from "Junior Bay Week" that the kids at my club sail in every year.
Merrily

Attachments

• B-Course2-cropped.jpg
    B-Course2-cropped.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 118
  • Matt-Givens-111.jpg
    Matt-Givens-111.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 114
  • Monument-B-Course-136.jpg
    Monument-B-Course-136.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 103
  • Ben-France4-cropped.jpg
    Ben-France4-cropped.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 99
nice pictures janet ,quick update on my laser the one with the hole in it.i found a guy to mend it the repair is first class the hull looks like new so good in fact that i have had the decks and cockpit refurbished too.missed a whole month of summer here though .will be ready this weekend and guess what iam on race duty at my club.check out our clubs site www.plainsailing.org.uk called sutton in ashfield sailing club not far from sherwood forest in nottingham england about we have about 15 lasers here out of about sixty boats all together.will post pics of shiny laser soon sean

yaesumusen said:
nice pictures janet ,quick update on my laser the one with the hole in it.i found a guy to mend it the repair is first class the hull looks like new so good in fact that i have had the decks and cockpit refurbished too.missed a whole month of summer here though .will be ready this weekend and guess what iam on race duty at my club.check out our clubs site www.plainsailing.org.uk called sutton in ashfield sailing club not far from sherwood forest in nottingham england about we have about 15 lasers here out of about sixty boats all together.will post pics of shiny laser soon sean

Glad you're getting your Laser back in commission, and with a spruced up look! Your club's website has been suspended though. I'd love to see it when it's back online. Maybe it will be shined up too. ;)

Janet

Merrily,
Thanks for the Jr. Bay pics. The regatta rocked this year, monday was one of the most fun days of Laser sailing I have ever had. It was too bad they sent us in during the morning, I was surfing past the Thistles! Those are great pics of B course, I see Caitlin and Jake were leading as they went 1-2 most of the regatta. Do you have any A-course pictures? I was in Championship fleet so I'm not in any of the ones you posted. Also, what club are you out of? Thanks!
-Jeff

Also, check out GTSphotos.com for some really good shots from the whole week of racing

Lasersail2 said:
Merrily,
Thanks for the Jr. Bay pics. The regatta rocked this year, monday was one of the most fun days of Laser sailing I have ever had. It was too bad they sent us in during the morning, I was surfing past the Thistles! Those are great pics of B course, I see Caitlin and Jake were leading as they went 1-2 most of the regatta. Do you have any A-course pictures? I was in Championship fleet so I'm not in any of the ones you posted. Also, what club are you out of? Thanks!
-Jeff

Also, check out GTSphotos.com for some really good shots from the whole week of racing

Hi Jeff,
I didn't arrive until Tuesday :( so I missed the really good stuff. Heard about it though. One of our kids was towed in and the people in the tow boat couldn't see him when he was in the trough. We are from Leatherlips in Columbus/Dublin area.

What is your sail number? I have a few A course pictures and actually one of the pictures I posted is from that course. The one with the lone laser sailor and Davis Besse Nuclear Power Plant is of Ben France on the A course. I only took pictures of one race as the people on our powerboat had kids on the other courses.

When I get the chance, I'll post some more pictures. If you give me your sail number I'll look for it special.

Janet

Merrily said:
Hi Jeff,
I didn't arrive until Tuesday :( so I missed the really good stuff. Heard about it though. One of our kids was towed in and the people in the tow boat couldn't see him when he was in the trough. We are from Leatherlips in Columbus/Dublin area.

What is your sail number? I have a few A course pictures and actually one of the pictures I posted is from that course. The one with the lone laser sailor and Davis Besse Nuclear Power Plant is of Ben France on the A course. I only took pictures of one race as the people on our powerboat had kids on the other courses.

When I get the chance, I'll post some more pictures. If you give me your sail number I'll look for it special.

Janet

Janet,
My sail is 175117, and my boat is purple. Cool to hear that you are from leatherlips, Ben and Dan are both great guys and a lot of fun to sail against. Sorry you missed monday, it was wild out there. Thanks again for the photos.
-Jeff

Lasersail2 said:
Janet,
My sail is 175117, and my boat is purple. Cool to hear that you are from leatherlips, Ben and Dan are both great guys and a lot of fun to sail against. Sorry you missed monday, it was wild out there. Thanks again for the photos.
-Jeff

Jeff, I could only find one sad little photo with your sail in it. You are just to the right of LYC 1 in the first photo. My focus was on taking pictures of Ben and I had only just started taking pictures with a brand new camera. I hadn't figured out how to focus with the long distance lens yet. So here's some photos of A course, such as they are, plus one I like of the Thistles. The pictures were taken on Tuesday.

The photos do look a little better before being reduced for the web. If you'd like a copy of the first photo in its full format, send me your e-mail address in a private message.

Janet

Attachments

• A-course-web.jpg
    A-course-web.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 56
  • A-course-2-web.jpg
    A-course-2-web.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 48
  • A-course-3-web.jpg
    A-course-3-web.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 52
  • Thistles-at-Monument2-cropp.jpg
    Thistles-at-Monument2-cropp.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 47
I was there. It was not one of my better regottas, but it was still fun. I took 3rd in the comador fleet. My boat is 181226, a blue one. You did good there Jeff. Heavy air is not my stuff.

-Bryan-

43575 said:
I was there. It was not one of my better regottas, but it was still fun. I took 3rd in the comador fleet. My boat is 181226, a blue one. You did good there Jeff. Heavy air is not my stuff.

-Bryan-

Bryan,
I looked over my C course photos again. There aren't any Laser pix, only FJs, since that's what the boys from my club were sailing. Sorry.

Janet

Yay! I never even expected to see Bay pictures here ! I just sorta stumbled across them. Do you have any pix from the radial course? That's where I was.

3335 said:
Yay! I never even expected to see Bay pictures here ! I just sorta stumbled across them. Do you have any pix from the radial course? That's where I was.

Amy,
Which course was the Radial course? Was it in School House Bay or in front of the Monument?

Janet

We were out in Schoolhouse Bay. If you have any pictures of anyone in the radial fleet, they would be fun to see. I don't care who's in the picture 'cause most of us in that fleet are friends. If, and only if you have the time, do you think you could e-mail the pictures, so that they don't need to get squished down to a low resolution? I would appreciate it a lot! To do that, would you need my e-mail address?
~Amy

3335 said:
We were out in Schoolhouse Bay. If you have any pictures of anyone in the radial fleet, they would be fun to see. I don't care who's in the picture 'cause most of us in that fleet are friends. If, and only if you have the time, do you think you could e-mail the pictures, so that they don't need to get squished down to a low resolution? I would appreciate it a lot! To do that, would you need my e-mail address?
~Amy

I have a few pictures from Schoolhouse Bay and will send them to you sometime this week. Send your e-mail in a private message by clicking on any active link that says Merrily and it will take you to the right page. The original files are big. What's your limit?

Janet

Back