How to replace plywood deck on a sailfish?

bobbrown

I have an old wooden Sailfish. The plywood deck needs to be replaced. I'm having trouble finding a replacement part or information on how to build one. Can anyone point me to a helpful source for buying a replacement or instructions on how to build it myself? Thank you.

I have an old wooden Sailfish. The plywood deck needs to be replaced. I'm having trouble finding a replacement part or information on how to build one. Can anyone point me to a helpful source for buying a replacement or instructions on how to build it myself? Thank you.
Do you have a copy of the original kit instructions? I think I have it saved somewhere but it may also be in this forum’s resource section. Let me know if you can’t find the file and I’ll go looking for my copy.

Can you post photos? We can assess if the entire deck need to be replaced, or just a portion. And we can talk you through repair/replacement.

You'll need two pieces of true marine grade plywood, don't trust anything else. The best plywood you can find is what is on the boat, from when they made the boat decades ago. It will be high grade fir or mahogany.

There is no source to buy a factory "replacement."

Back