Hiking pants!?

hoipolloi

Which ones are your favorites, and why? Gripes? Kudos?
I'm definitely going for the 3/4 length to get some knee protection and am wondering which brands have the best design in that area along with comfortably constructed batten pockets etc etc...
I can get my hands on the Magic Marine brand to inspect them but am also thinking of the Queensport and SEA brands but no one sells them locally so I'd have to mail order them.

If you sail in a cold area where you have to where a drysuit, go for the Magic Marine pads which just strap to your legs. Else go for neoprene ones.

Hiking Pants

For warm weather sailing, the SEA Airprene pants are terrific.

I also have a pair of Queensports that are heavier and are also fine quality.

I had problems with the pad coverings on my original Camets, but had them recovered with Cordura. No problems since, but I've obviously replaced them with the SEA and Queensport models. They're not over-the-knees, so I wear them over wetsuits with knee protection on colder days.

I've had experience with the Sailing Angles pants and they work great. The have and anti-slip material on the bottom of the thighs and you will stay put like you are glued to the rail. However, and here's the awesome part, when you want to adjust your position, you simlpy lean a bit to one side or the other and on the side of the thighs is this slipery material so you can move very quicky and put on the breaks by returning to an upright position. Absolutely fabulous pants and are reasonably priced!

Hey laser158689-

How are the SEA and Queensport pants constructed in the knee area, padded(how thick), or just anti-scuff reinforcment or both?
The Magic Marine look pretty skookum but the knee area seems to just be some cordura like material over one layer of neoprene. An extra layer of neoprene (or two!) in this area would be nice..........

Back