Harken x-treme angle fairleads..again

macwas16

I just wanted to ask a few qeustions regarding the "new" rigging and the Harken x-treme angle fairleads.

First off, I was always assuming the Harken x-treme angle fairlead to be used on a Laser with the new rigging would be the 372. Is this correct because they make the x-treme angle fairleads for other size cam cleats as well.

Secondly, If I had the new rigging, and wanted a to replace all cam fairleads would I need to get 3? (1 for the vang, 1 for the cunningham, and 1 for the outhaul?)

And finally, in the 2003 APS (Annopolis Performance Sailing) Magazine/catalouge when I looked under part descriptions for the new vang system it labeled "Harken x-treme angle fairlead." So that leads me to wonder if the new rigging now comes with the x-treme angle fairleads. Does it??

Thank you.

You only need two, if at all...

The cleat for the vang swivels so the line is always being pulled at 90 degrees to the cams...

I've been sailing over a year with the stock supplied fairleads, I have never had an issues with them, so I don't see what the big deal is in having to have the extreme fairleads - could it be a marketing genuis making us believe it's that magic bullet we all seek that will make us sail like Scheidt ?

I just got an e-mail from Vanguard and they said that yes, the new rigging now does come with the Harken x-treme angle fairleads.

Back