different sails

Jack

The photo in the top left corner of the home page shows a laser with a different sail. It has yellow and blue material at the top and appears to have it at the foot as well. Does this denote a special ediditon or a different rig (4.7 or Radial)?
I have never seen one like this on the water.
The only variation that I have seen is the multi-color radial sail.
Any info would be great. Thanks.
-Jack

Photoshop? (I assume the "TLF" isn't actually on the sail either...)

Bradley - "inquiring minds want to know"!

Cheers,

Geoff S.

Hi
excuse me please, let me help, to answer this question, please:
Yes, there is information about this sail :)

Its from a Laser of sailingschool at Aalsmeer in the Netherlands and this picture of this sail was taken (by the TLFadmin) from the former TLF-Photo-Gallery. I´ll send the owner of the original-picture a private message, hopefuly he do a reply here about your question.

The sail, you can see it on that photo if you look sharp and think about it, is of course a Standard sail, Jack.
Reason(s): Look to the window of that sail. The short end of the trapezoid-form of the window is to the mast and the long end backward. Ergo: its not a Radial sail (where this is to the opposite) :)
And then look to the backward end/edge of that sail: It goes much nearer to the backward end of the boom, than it would do at a 4.7er sail. Ergo: its a Standard sail.
bye-bye
LooserLu

I would be very proud, if the TLF-admin had choosen my Laser to be seen worldwide on a forum that has such a tremendous resonance, wouldn´t you either, I you where the one? :D

Hi,
Al zeilschool aalsmeer sailboats have a blue yellow corner. It's a laser standard sail, and our sailmaker added the yellow blue color at the top corner of the sail.
You could say it's some kind of logo. If you see a boat with a blue yellow corner, in the netherlands, it's from zeilschool aalsmeer.

Back