Black Grab rails

Jack

My boat is old and the grab rails in the cockpit are black. I need to replace them. Does anyone know where to find black ones? I have only seen white or grey.
Thanks.

iain_CAN165061 said:
i think you're sol. i know people who hav ones chipping and there isnt black. but keep up the search.

I guess it doesn't really matter what color they are. I'll probably get the grey ones. A friend of mine has teak (wood) grab rails on his boat. I have no idea how old it is.

Well my best geuss is that go to the store where you useually get your laser stuff..... in my case Fogh... Just go and ask the people who work there and tel them your problem I am sure that they will try to help you!

Well, at North-Sails Atlantic I know for a fact that they have them for around $25ea. I agree they are hard to find, as I have yet to see them in any online catalog I have looked at. My boat had the original teak ones, but I replaed them with some nice white ones. Be sure you put some sort of anchor in though whenever installing new grab rails for some added support :)

David said:
Well, at North-Sails Atlantic I know for a fact that they have them for around $25ea. I agree they are hard to find, as I have yet to see them in any online catalog I have looked at. My boat had the original teak ones, but I replaed them with some nice white ones. Be sure you put some sort of anchor in though whenever installing new grab rails for some added support :)[/QUOT

North Sails Atlantic- Is that Annapolis?
I'd really like to give them a call.

what is so important about "black" grab rails. My boat came with yellow rails and their good. i dont see the reason to shop around for black ones when the grey or white are redaily available

Mullet Time! said:
what is so important about "black" grab rails. My boat came with yellow rails and their good. i dont see the reason to shop around for black ones when the grey or white are redaily available

As I mentioned previously, it isn't a big deal. But if the originals are available, it would be nice.
-Jack

Jack said:
David said:
Well, at North-Sails Atlantic I know for a fact that they have them for around $25ea. I agree they are hard to find, as I have yet to see them in any online catalog I have looked at. My boat had the original teak ones, but I replaed them with some nice white ones. Be sure you put some sort of anchor in though whenever installing new grab rails for some added support :)[/QUOT

North Sails Atlantic- Is that Annapolis?
I'd really like to give them a call.

No, it's Nova Scotia

Box 850, 150 Pelham Street
Lunenburg, Nova Scotia BOJ 2CO
Canada

Phone/Fax: Phone: 800-561-7245 (Canada only)
Outside Canada: 902-634-3343
Fax: 902-634-3306

Ask for Sandy MacMillan

Unless a dealer has some leftover white grabrails in stock, the 2004 ones are grey. The wooden ones came on the earliest of Lasers. I've had them on my 1974 but on my 1977 they had made the switch to plastic.

iain_CAN165061 said:
david, what to you mean anchor?

I'm not exactly sure how to describe it over the internet, but I'll try:

You need to put something in the hole before you screw, so it distributes the force taken by the grab rails more evenly, or else you could just rip the screws out, and leave a few nasty holes in you boat. I've seen them before, their almost like the things you put in walls before you use a screw, when you don't have the use of a stud. Also use to M3 5200 to secure the anchor, or if you have to, just use 5200.

I thought I saw something about this on drlaser's FAQ too...not sure about it though.

Back