Zhik Power Pads II?

Rob B

Anyone have any experience with these? I'm looking to buy a pair, but they seem really small, (or I have huge thighs?!?). My top thigh measurement comes out to 23.5", (inches) which puts me nearly 100 MM larger than the largest XXXL pad size available. Is that right?

Got the Zhik Pads 2. Only $67.50! I measured larger than the XXXL, (size 7 the largest they come) pads, but it just didn't seem right as the rest of me measures In for their XL sizes on other gear so I went one size down to the size 6 pads. They seem to fit very well in my kitchen at least. There are 2 pad elements in these. The batten pad and a "height" pad. I really like the fit without the "height" pad as the profile is much lower and you can crouch down really well. With the height pads the whole pad set up becomes twice as thick which I'm not comfortable with. They will get their first try on 1/12. The 50% off deal is amazing. I got the pads, the hybrid skiff/dingy suit and a nice new blue sailing hat. All for $176.00. To freight, no tax! If you're thinking about getting Zhik gear do it now!

Tried my power pads two weekends ago. They were tight in the beginning but loosened up. The contoured fit is an improvement over the previous version. There are two pads per leg. One is the battens and the other is a "Height" pad. The height pad made it impossible for me to squat low, (for getting under the boom). Fortunately I discovered this on shore and removed them. I don't think I'll ever use the second pad set. We'll see if the fit is better in the second use now that they stretched out a little. Should allow for me to pull them up higher to start with and hopefully they will hold.

I'm seriously considering making some kind of garter belt system for them. That could work really well and be sexy! Will have to see what the wife thinks....

2nd outing. As expected they did stretch in the first go. Now they can be pulled higher up my thigh and hold in place much longer than before. Made it through 2 hrs/5 short course races and never had to adjust them! However, they would have needed to be adjusted for a 6th race.

Bottom line. For getting them at half price I'm very happy. Full price I'd be ok....

We (my son and I) had this discussion about PowerPads last Saturday when we returned from the training (1.5 hrs journeys both directions). Those PP's are very nice when you have long, relatively slim upper legs. However, when your legs are shorter and tree-trunk-like(...) things are different!

The boys and girls had their monthly 'hiking session/competition'... The use of pads is allowed. Now, after a winter in the gym, a lot of boys and girls are complaining about the fitment of the PowerPads, especially the girls with shorter legs. One of the boys with legs like logs had switched to Zhik DeckBeaters. Basically that's a short with built-in pads. He was pretty chuffed with them. But -like pro cyclists- those Laser sailors are pretty reserved when it comes to changes...

Back