Zhik Hikers

CMP

I know these have been discussed here before but I just got my 3/4s from APS (they're shipment just arrived). They look sweet. I've seen the older ones and these look miles ahead. Now I've got the full Zhik system of boots, strap, and hikers. Haven't gotten to use the hikers yet though. Anyone else get theirs and get a chance to use them? Thoughts?

How are the boots? The system looks pretty sweet but I feel really good in my Aigles. If I had the money, I would drop it on the hikers, but I don't. :(

I've always sworn by Aigles since my first pair of Gills imploded after being put through the rigors of everyday collegiate sailing but these Zhik boots are sweeet! I opted for the Soft Grip 200s. They are similar to the Gill Dinghy/Trap boots but offer more support (more rubber on the front side than the Gill), are certainly more refined, the integration with the ankle strap really spreads the load over the top allowing me to actually get the strap nearer my toes (i'm lazy), and they do lock in with the Zhik strap the best.

Tried on the hikers last night and got the pads fit in what I think will be the right place too. I'm sure it might take some tweaking and I'm not sure how many I'll want to stack up yet though. Looking forward to sailing with them this weekend and finding the perfect fit for me. That's one of the best things about them in my opinion...the "custom" fit ability. Too bad the forecast looks light...

Back