Young laser sailors in CANADA

hey,
I was just wondering where all the young laser/radial sailors are. I live in Kitchener. Where abouts are all you guys and what regattas are you guys planning on going to next summer...considering it winter now :(

Fancy meeting another Consetoga member on line. I went for a drive to the club yesterday with the kids. It looks like the moon with the water drained. Only 4 months untill spring. As for information on Sailing in District 3. Go tothe ILCA website and find you way to the District 3 Website. The results list the participants so you can see who was there. I was looking at the results for this year and noted that the numbers were down from when I did the Gold cup circut 10 years ago. What we need is more Laser members at CSC. How do we build local interst in CSC?

Yes, only 4 more months...only 4 more months. I know about the District 3 website, I go there often. I am a new laser sailor, but have been going to CSC for a while now. I am also a new instructor there at CSC. Have your kids been to the CSC sailing camp? Maybe I have taught them or have talked to them. But yes, the question about how to build more intrest in CSC is my question too. I have been trying to convince other youth at my highschool to take up sailing but...no cigar. I will keep trying.

My oldest 2 kids, James (11) and Rory(10) were in the second group this summer. They were out in the opti's all summer and latter in a laser >>. They are pretty keen. I am looking to get them in Laser 4.7's if I can track down some old hulls at a good price. I was sailing a Wayfarer most Wednesdays, but switched back to the Laser in August and for the club championship.

Hey, i hail form Cobourg,CYA, i just got my laser late last summer/fall, onl got it out a few times, and other whys have just sailed CL 14s and 420 at camps and such. I hope to just get out to a few of the events at the Toronto Yacht Club, and mainly just get my skills up.

Turnin Grey said:
My oldest 2 kids, James (11) and Rory(10) were in the second group this summer. They were out in the opti's all summer and latter in a laser >>. They are pretty keen. I am looking to get them in Laser 4.7's if I can track down some old hulls at a good price. I was sailing a Wayfarer most Wednesdays, but switched back to the Laser in August and for the club championship.

Hey!
I know Rory and James...I helped teach them. They were good kids. The laser 4.7's would be really good for them! Good sailing experience in a better boat than an Echo or an Opti. I was at the Club Championships too. But I sailed my buddies laser and didn't race.

laser_sailorette said:
hey,
I was just wondering where all the young laser/radial sailors are. I live in Kitchener. Where abouts are all you guys and what regattas are you guys planning on going to next summer...considering it winter now :(

hey just because it is winter who says you have to stop sailing (i live in oakville and because i have done most of my sailing in bc giving up sailing for noveber-march seems like some form of cruel and unusual punishment) :confused: just find someone as insane as you are :eek: a dry suit and multiple sets of ski clothes so that if you flip and are having troubles in a 5c lake you dont get hypothermia!!!!!! (please do not go out alone any time after november 1 in ontario it is NOT a good idea)
as for good regatta's anything at Water Rats sailing club is good fun and pretty relaxed. (ice breakers, spring&fall war, and ice bowl to name a few), anything in kingston, four sisters, cornish hen, and others http://www.sailon.org/Racing/race.htm there is the link to the ontario sailing associations list of regatta's for all classes.

Dylan

PS: if someone discovers a way to prevent your hands from freezing into one single piece with the mainsheet and tiller on longer tacks please tell me
:eek:

yup skierman, come up to kingston for CORK
oh and go to regattas in montreal/quebec they've got lots of wind cold water and currents to make it all a bit more interesting but let you drink there :D :D so it's all good
any regatta's in NY?

Back