Yardbird City here in a moment, lol...

Cactus Cowboy

YO, YOUSE NAUTICAL FOOLIOTS!!! I'm enjoying the hell outta my time off here in Cochise County, Arizona, last bastion of constitutional freedom in the U.S., lol. Gonna cover my grill here shortly with yardbird which has been 'marinating' in BBQ sauce for several hours, along with some hot peppers & onions to add flavor, aye? Here in southeast Arizona, we can buy kick@ss hot peppers in every local market, including BAD@$$ Hatch Chiles or hot peppers from Hatch, New Mexico. World-famous peppers for their flavor and texture, don'tcha know?

If you EVER have the chance to purchase Hatch Peppers or Hatch Chiles at your own local market, do NOT hesitate to purchase those Hatch Chile (or Chili) Peppers, as they do NOT exactly SUCK, LOL. Moi, I'm the kinda guy that likes hot peppers, same way I enjoy spicy foods like curried chicken and whatnot, so I'm in culinary heaven when it comes to grilling meats, yeah? I always slit peppers & onions before I put 'em on the grill, so the juices will freely flow as the meat cooks, lol.

CHEERS, YOUSE NAUTICAL HEE-ROES WHO KNOW IT ALL WHEN IT COMES TO SAILING, LOL... NO WORRIES, THE CATS & I WILL MACK YOUR SHARES OF BBQ AS LEFTOVERS, BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! ;) :rolleyes:

Holy Cow!!! I got so wasted on that rotgut vino [12.5% alcohol] that I crashed BEFORE firing the BBQ, lol... but no worries, I grilled the yardbird under an overcast sky this morning, and ate a delicious brunch consisting of green salad, an ear of corn grilled in the husk, and yardbird grilled with hot peppers & onions, fresh pineapple chunks tossed atop the plate for good measure. Now I'm full and my stomach is happy, so I'm doing laundry and looking at a stack of dishes in the sink, lol. Still gotta shave the kernels off the remaining ears of corn too, but I'll do it in a few moments... they can cool off a bit more, yeah? Here are some shots of the grilling action, I use "steam" to keep the yardbird juicy, lol. Once I'm done with the laundry and dishes, it's nap time, got another graveyard shift tonight... ugh. Can't wait to be done with this graveyard b.s., it doesn't seem to suit me anymore, lol. Anyway, here's my Depot grill in action:

IMG_2621.JPG IMG_2622.JPG IMG_2623.JPG IMG_2625.JPG IMG_2626.JPG IMG_2628.JPG

Dammit, boy, that yardbird was delicious with chunks of onion, pepper & pineapple, Hawaiian Style, lol.

Last edited by a moderator:

Back