yachtflag took my money

davidperez57

Just wanted to give everyone here a heads up regarding yachtflag.com of Point Richmond CA. I sent him over $200 to make six burgees for a regatta well over a month ago. Took my money and kept promising delivery. Never delivered. won't return calls nor emails. Has a history with BBB. My fault, should have investigated them before sending full payment. Look elsewhere for your burgees.
:mad:

Please spread the word on this guy.

Must be Californian's month to not pay bills. Two sailboat companies approved warranty work in April. I fixed two boats. I got paid zilch so far.

Dishonest businessmen make it lots tougher for the rest of us.

In my case, I must now go to the system everybody else uses....The boat does not leave until I have the money...and even if you talk to the octogenerian CEO of a big keelboat company and he says, " I will pay for that." I cannot afford to simply believe him.

It isn't much of a warranty if the company fails to pay for the repairs.

If people simply honored their committments we wouldn't have lawsuits and endless paperwork to file.

May they all rot in hell.

Just wanted to give everyone here a heads up regarding yachtflag.com of Point Richmond CA. I sent him over $200 to make six burgees for a regatta well over a month ago. Took my money and kept promising delivery. Never delivered. won't return calls nor emails. Has a history with BBB. My fault, should have investigated them before sending full payment. Look elsewhere for your burgees.
:mad:

Please spread the word on this guy.

To be fair to them and legally speaking they do state in their 'Terms and Conditions':
4. DELAYS. All orders are accepted by Seller upon the express understanding by Buyer that Seller shall not be liable for delays in delivery of the goods or inability to deliver the goods caused by or due to inability to obtain transportation, equipment, or material, or by reason of fires, floods, storms, earthquakes, embargoes, actions of military or civil authorities, whether legal or de facto, strikes, labor difficulties, riots, lock outs, acts of God, or other similar or different circumstances beyond the control of Seller.
We all know California is earthquake country so perhaps there was one localized on Point Richmond that didn't make the headlines? The "...acts of God, or other similar or different circumstances..." is conveniently broad.....

See also:
7. DELIVERY. Delivery of the goods by Seller to the carrier at the point of origin shall constitute delivery of the goods to the Buyer and thereafter the shipment of the goods shall be at the Buyers risk. All claims and allowances for damage to the merchandise incurred in transit must be filed against and presented to the carrier by Buyer. All goods sent are insured at cost of Buyer. Most orders are shipped within 4 to 6 weeks from receipt of payment of order. Include your shipping address with your request for a quote.
I've never heard of this company before and like to give people the benefit of the doubt, however I'm wary of dealing with people/companies who only ever list a PO Box number and whose phone number is an unlisted mobile.....

Thanks for the replies. Just want to assure everyone that I did indeed give him more than ample opportunity to respond to my queries regarding the status of the burgees. Many weeks have elapsed since the promised delivery date.

I originally went with them because they said that they would indeed meet my Memorial Day deadline. No doubts whatsoever. They failed to meet it and for two weeks after Memorial Day, I left phone messages and emailed them. No response. Unfortunately, the presentation of the burgee to the outgoing commodore didn't happen.

I'm aware of what the fine print says. But I did ask him point blank if he could meet the deadline. His response was an emphatic YES given verbally and in writing. Furthermore, the fine print doesn't excuse his sudden silence and his refusal to respond to my queries.

His insistance that I pay with a check and in full should have clued me in that something was wrong. If I had paid with a credit card, I would have recourse. He doesn't accept credit cards.

Sorry to hear about your efforts to get paid for work you performed on the two boats. My in-laws have a business and I hear constant horror stories regarding efforts to collect for services rendered.

The bottom line is that I trusted this individual and he took advantage of that trust. I just don't want anyone else to suffer the humiliation of not being able to present an award at a regatta because of yachtflag's broken promises.

Thanks for the replies. Just want to assure everyone that I did indeed give him more than ample opportunity to respond to my queries regarding the status of the burgees. Many weeks have elapsed since the promised delivery date.

I originally went with them because they said that they would indeed meet my Memorial Day deadline. No doubts whatsoever. They failed to meet it and for two weeks after Memorial Day, I left phone messages and emailed them. No response. Unfortunately, the presentation of the burgee to the outgoing commodore didn't happen.

I'm aware of what the fine print says. But I did ask him point blank if he could meet the deadline. His response was an emphatic YES given verbally and in writing. Furthermore, the fine print doesn't excuse his sudden silence and his refusal to respond to my queries.

His insistance that I pay with a check and in full should have clued me in that something was wrong. If I had paid with a credit card, I would have recourse. He doesn't accept credit cards.

Sorry to hear about your efforts to get paid for work you performed on the two boats. My in-laws have a business and I hear constant horror stories regarding efforts to collect for services rendered.

The bottom line is that I trusted this individual and he took advantage of that trust. I just don't want anyone else to suffer the humiliation of not being able to present an award at a regatta because of yachtflag's broken promises.

Yep, red flags all over this one. Everyone pay attention and let this lesson work for dealings with ANY business, contractor or whoever.

Back