News World Champion Grand Master Tuning for NA Masters

gouvernail

Super Opinionated and Always Correct
You can tune with Grand master Champion Doug Peckover from 6 pm until dark on Wednesday Night May 30.

He will be conducting a starting and buoy rounding seminar at the site of the North American Masters Championships.

All Honest and Friendly Laser sailors of any age are welcome.Directions follow:
Directions:
From Florida: Drive west on Interstate 10 to Texas highway 71. There is a sign on I-10 that mentions Austin. Do not take Business 71. Highway 71 is the next exit after business 71 through Columbus. If you screw up and find yourself in downtown Columbus just keep going. The highways merge just north of town. ( see: "From the south and Highway 71" below)
From the North: Find Texas Ranch Road 620 West of Austin. On Interstate 35 It is Exit 252 in Round Rock and clearly labeled as 620 to the south side of Lake Travis ( see: "620 from the north" below)
From the east by US 290: Look for 2222. The exit is after US 183 and immediately after Interstate 35. 2222 winds through north central Austin and is called Koenig lane when you get on it. The name changes to Allendale and then Northland. Follow the 2222 signs. You will pass under Loop 1. There are three traffic lights in a short distance after Loop 1 and you need to be in the right turn lane immediately after the second light to follow 2222 down the hill. You will drive on a winding road and pass under Loop 360. About five miles after that 2222 ends at 620. You will turn left on 620. ( see: "620 from the north" below)
From the Denver direction: I-25 to exit 451. US 87 to Dumas where it joins 287 to Amarillo, I-27 and 87 seem to be the same road to Lubbock. US 84 to I-20 and then 84 splits south from I-20 at Abilene. 84 merges with US 183 just just past Brownwood. After you pass through Cedar Park look for all the huge concrete bridge support towers. You will be turning right on route 620. ( see: "620 from the north")
From the Los Angeles direction: Interstate 10. Fill your gas tank at the second Fort Stockton exit. There is no on ramp East at the first exit. Don't get off at the first exit! Exit I-10 on to US 290.( exit #477). Go north on US Highway 281 in Johnson City. ( see: oops I followed the Austin signs at Johnson city and I just saw a Dripping Springs sign) About 20 miles north of Johnson city you will turn East on Highway 71. in about 20 miles you will arrive at the intersection with Highway 620. It is a left hand turn with a traffic light and a left turn lane. ( see: "from the south and Highway 71")
620 from the North: Cross the bridge below Lake Travis. Turn right at the first light after the bridge on to Hudson Bend Road. Drive one mile to Beacon drive. Landmark for Beacon drive is Shamrock gas station aka: HUDSON BEND GROCERY. Turn right and drive to club entrance .8 mile.
From the south and Highway 71: Drive on 620 approximately 11 miles. Turn left on Hudson Bend Road. Turn right at Shamrock Gas station aka: HUDSON BEND GROCERY. Pass Schroth Fiberglass and sailboats on right. Drive 1000 yards to club.
oops I followed the Austin signs at Johnson city and I just saw a Dripping Springs sign: Look for Highway 12 in Dripping springs. If you find it turn left and drive until the road comes to a "T" in about ten miles. Turn Right and drive seven miles and you will intersect highway 71. Turn right on 71 and drive about a mile to highway 620. ( see: "from the south and Highway 71")
If you have passed through Dripping Springs and you see Oak hill signs, watch for An Albertsons grocery or Highway 71 signs. Turn Left or West on Highway 71. (If you get on big divided highways before making this turn you need to turn around but the good news is that you are already on highway 71) 620 meets highway 71 about seven miles west of Oak Hill. ( see: "from the south and Highway 71")

Back