Women's Hiking Pants

grrladventure

Does anyone sell women's hiking pants? I hate to admit it, but my short, old "girlish" figure just doesn't fit into men's cut clothes.

One of the biggest problems with women wearing men's hikers is the length of the battens as men's legs are typcially longer from the knee up (thighs). One solution is to take the battens out and cut them shorter to fit your leg length better.

While I see that Magic Marine does make them in smaller sizes, I have not seen them in women's sizes. That usually means that when I find a size that fits my womenly hips, the knee pads end up down by my ankles and the waist is about 6" to large.

I have had wet suits custom made for me - they were cheaper then off the rack and I could customize them. There are tons of small shops out there that make custom wet suits. Has anyone worked with any of these shops on custom hiking pants?

While I see that Magic Marine does make them in smaller sizes, I have not seen them in women's sizes. That usually means that when I find a size that fits my womenly hips, the knee pads end up down by my ankles and the waist is about 6" to large.

I have had wet suits custom made for me - they were cheaper then off the rack and I could customize them. There are tons of small shops out there that make custom wet suits. Has anyone worked with any of these shops on custom hiking pants?

Some hiking pants have long and short sizes. I can't remember the brand that I bought which have the shorter battens. Yeah, the waist is 6" too large. I guess if that bothered me, I'd alter them myself.

If you find that someone makes hiking pants for women please let us know.

Magic Marine makes a specific line just for women. If you check their web site, you'll see...

Competition Pant Light with Knee Ladies

http://www.magicmarine.com/ - click on the Pants Link...

You can contact Vanguard regarding where they are available - they are the importers for Magic Marine

My daughter has some Rooster Sailing Hikers, the original style. They fit her perfectly, don't even think they are specifically a womens version, and she is an average 15-16 year ols size wise

Peter In Tassie

My daughter has some Rooster Sailing Hikers, the original style. They fit her perfectly, don't even think they are specifically a womens version, and she is an average 15-16 year ols size wise

Peter In Tassie

Peter,
The average 15 - 16 year old has less lead in her bottom than us older boats!

Magic Marine makes a specific line just for women. If you check their web site, you'll see... Competition Pant Light with Knee Ladies
http://www.magicmarine.com/ - click on the Pants Link...
they are the importers for Magic Marine

Vanguard does not import the women's sizes of MM hiking pants, which seems somewhat odd since Anna T wears them and is sponsored by them. Anyway if enough women contact Vanguard maybe they will see the demand is there and will import them (but we are talking hundreds needed).

I'd like to try on a pair of the women's MMs, and if they fit, I'd buy them. I've contacted Vanguard to say so. Anyone else?

Back