Will anyone trade Phantom rudder for a Sunfish one?

Tigerphantom

I just purchased a Phantom hull for $50. I am doing a lot of restorative work. Live in Duluth, GA.

I found a Sunfish rudder, sail like new, mast, boom and daggerboard almost like new and needing very little work. All for $200 (the guy's Sunfish was taken by a tornado and the pieces were in his basement).

Everything fits, except the rudder.
The Phantom gudgeon bracket is not tall enough to fit the Sunfish rudder. The Phantom gudgeon bracket is approx .5 inch shorter than the Sunfish.

I was going to install access ports and install the sunfish gudgeon bracket on my Phantom. Which I will take pics and do with great detail if no one wants to trade. either way I think the sunfish rudder is superior because of the springs to hold down the rudder, but if someone will trade me rudder for rudder I would like to trade

If there is someone with the Phantom parts in good condition wanting original amazing condition just reply.

I just purchased a Phantom hull for $50. I am doing a lot of restorative work. Live in Duluth, GA.

I am in exactly the same boat (no pun). I bought a Phantom hull for $50, put Sunfish rigging and Scorpion sail on it, repainted it inside and out with Interlux Brightside, but can't find a rudder! I have two excellent Sunfish rudders complete with tiller and extension.I have a Puffer hull with no rigging and it has the Sunfish rudder gudgeon, so I will likely take it off and mount it on the Phantom. I have pictures of mine on my website: www.rvharvey.com. I am located in southern New Jersey.
Ralph

Back