Who Out There Has an AMF Flying Fish?

Yeah, I discovered from someone on another forum that it's an Albacore. Thanks for responding!

Yeah, I discovered from someone on another forum that it's an Albacore. Thanks for responding!
How did they attach the FF sail to the Albacore mast? The stock FF apparently has a track on the mast that the sail slides into. I can't quite tell from your last picture how the sail is attached to the mast, but it looks as if they might have stitched the front of the sail somehow to make a sleeve, which they could then sleeve over the Albacore mast like a Laser sail, but then you couldn't reef it. I would like to know how they did this, because I am in the process of buying a used FF sail (picking it up later today) which I also want to adapt to a non-FF mast, but I would also like to be able to reef it, since it has those nice full-length battens.

Weston, Johan's boat was identified as an Albacore more than a week ago by thistle3863 (I remember it because he beat me by a minute) :rolleyes:

How did they attach the FF sail to the Albacore mast? The stock FF apparently has a track on the mast that the sail slides into.
So does the Albacore. Why do you think it would have a sleeve luff?
(I can't think right now of any boat besides the Moth that has a sleeved sail on a stayed mast.)

_

Weston, Johan's boat was identified as an Albacore more than a week ago by thistle3863 (I remember it because he beat me by a minute) :rolleyes:

So does the Albacore. Why do you think it would have a sleeve luff?
(I can't think right now of any boat besides the Moth that has a sleeved sail on a stayed mast.)

_
No, that wasn't based on any kind of knowledge or experience, except that I have a Laser sail with a sleeve and I know what that looks like, while I didn't know what the track on the mast would look like for that kind of mounting, which I know nothing about and have never seen close up, and I expected it to be more visible on the mast than it evidently is. Now that I have seen the tracked boom for the FF that came with the sail I picked up last night, I understand why it's not visible in that picture. I was just googling some about the FF, while waiting until I could go pick up this FF sail I was buying from Craig's list that I hope to add sail rings to, as I just posted a question about:

Back