who knows about the minifish?

nrt5335

i am absolutely clueless about sailing. I found a AMF Minifish Alcort Division hull in my parents shed. I just cleaned it up and also found the mast boom and thing perpendicular to the boom? Sail is in very bad condition, I need to buy one. Where would i go to look for these parts. i have a hard time finding any minifish results online - normally comes up sunfish. Thought they might be comperable. I need a manual or some kind of guidence. The Hull is 11'9" if that makes a difference. Any help anyone could give would be fantastic. Thanks

Nick,

The Minifish as the name implies is a smaller version of the Sunfish, but many of the parts and gear are interchangable with the Sunfish. I believe that the sail on the Minifish is the same size as a Sunfish sail, but to be honest, I am not absolutely sure. There is a guy out near Cape Code, Al Courtines, who has one or more Minifish and would know for sure. You can contact him at: [email protected]. He might even has a used Minifish sail he would sell you.

Good luck. Finding an old boat in a shed is always fun.

Alan Glos
Cazenovia, NY

Attachments

• Image1s.jpg
    Image1s.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 114
I just took a look at the Minifish instructions. I've never seen them before and they sure look a lot like the Sunfish instructions. Interesting the way the sail was tied on in the original setup.

nrt5335 said:
i am absolutely clueless about sailing. I found a AMF Minifish Alcort Division hull in my parents shed. I just cleaned it up and also found the mast boom and thing perpendicular to the boom? Sail is in very bad condition, I need to buy one. Where would i go to look for these parts. i have a hard time finding any minifish results online - normally comes up sunfish. Thought they might be comperable. I need a manual or some kind of guidence. The Hull is 11'9" if that makes a difference. Any help anyone could give would be fantastic. Thanks

Nick,

Alan Glos gave you my email address misspelled. It's [email protected]

Al Courtines

Back