Who is going to Austin for Easter??

gouvernail

Super Opinionated and Always Correct
It is only a couple weeks away.

America's Favorite Regatta!!!

We need to order food and t shirts and stuff like that.

The wind has been requested along with great weather for sailing in the day and camping at night. I absolutely guarantee the weather will be better than last year.

We will not have the worst hail storm on Hudson Bend in 100 years.

We will not have 40 degree temperatures on Sunday morning that break the 100 year old daily record by 10 degrees.

We will be taking the entire fleet to Los Pinos for the Saturday night dinner. Los Pinos is not only within walking distance of the club but it just may be the best restaurant serving Mexican fare in the entire Austin Area....besides, Marilyn Wattis and Newt can't make it this year and Sally will have her hands full doing lunch.

We already have about a hundred trophies ready to pass out. We need sailors!!

gouvernail said:
We will not have the worst hail storm on Hudson Bend in 100 years.

We will not have 40 degree temperatures on Sunday morning that break the 100 year old daily record by 10 degrees.

We will be taking the entire fleet to Los Pinos for the Saturday night dinner. Los Pinos is not only within walking distance of the club but it just may be the best restaurant serving Mexican fare in the entire Austin Area....
We already have about a hundred trophies ready to pass out. We need sailors!!

Well, gol durn it, Fred. You make it sound great. I really do wish that I could make it. Will there actually be any chocolate bunnies? More importantly, will there be an award for DFL?

fishingmikey Thanks for the share of boat but I guess I can't make it after all. Still looking to buy a boat though. Happy Easter

Well, I hope you guys tell us all about it afterwards, or even during if you can get some wireless. Take notes!

Camping at AYC is great in early and mid Spring. I sure would not try it in the summer though.
We have showers, and if we weren't feeding you anyway you coud cook in the clubhouse kitchen.
The club has wireless all over the 38 acres...we are in the middle of a pretty good sized high tech mecca and lots of computer geeks are AYC members.
You can watch the Easter Laser Regatta Live on line with our webcam...

http://www.austinyachtclub.net

If the weather turns really lousy, we have been known to put folks up in the Schroth Fiberglass shop!...with the fan running so the styrene fumes don't get you.

Sorry can not make it to TEXAS just yet this spring-
I am going to miss those peeps and chicks throwing themselves at me!
Am swamped with school work and work meetings- sigh, Texas will just have to wait a few weeks.

I was dreaming of the camping for months now, next to the harbour in my little tent, facing the sunrise, and awaking to the best regatta food, and to one of the best laser fleets in NA.

Thanks for trying to make sure I have a laser.

I miss that feeling of hauling out of Seabrook, TX,me and my laser on the open, I10 at 75, highway bound for Lake Travis, AYC, Texas Hill Country and that fine feeling of sheeting in just off the point reaching out to the first race of the day.

Fred- Save me that Easter Laser shirt will you?

JRF
The laser girl with Texas on her mind...

The SIs are ready. Last year's were fine, says me. But now we need more fancy lawyer wording.

Either eway, I am ready to load the printer with paper and make SIs for everybody

I wish I could come back this year; I had a great time last year in spite of the crazy weather. I figured y'all were just doing your best to make a Floridian fell right at home with all the blue tarps on roofs and plywood-covered windows about the neighborhood by Sunday...did the oaks recover?

Go get 'em FishingMickey!! Do give us a report on how it goes!

I'll be thinking of y'all as I bite the head off a chocolate bunny this weekend.

If you are a youngster or bringing a youngster to the regatta plaese get a release form for the appropriate parents to sign. Either call me or send an email to [email protected]
Phone numbers are on the regatta website

Hello Michelle and fellow Laserites,
I'll be glad to post a regatta report from my eye's, hoping for good breeze here. The weather forecast looks good temperature wise, high's in the 90's and low's around 60.
If a chocolate bunny happens to come my way Michelle, I'll decapitate it. Should be a great regatta with 30-40 full rigs on the line and maybe 15-20 radials.
See y'all on Monday evening,
Fishingmickey
150087/181157

Fishingmickey, are you camping at AYC, too?

I'll bring my digital camera and the dry-bag for shooting pix on the water when I am not racing, which means I'll be able to shoot pix of full rigs mostly.

I'll be driving up from Houston early. Anyone else definitely going from the Houston area?

Are any other Jews observing Passover attending the regatta? If there are, join me for meals at my little white/blue Kelty half-dome tent. (If Moses had been a Laser sailor, he'd be the PRO of the Reed Sea Regatta! haha)

See you in Austin on Saturday morning.

odinsvitskjaldr said:
(If Moses had been a Laser sailor, he'd be the PRO of the Reed Sea Regatta! haha)

See you in Austin on Saturday morning.

Talk about running aground and hurting your blades!!! or would that only happen to the bad guys chasing afger the fleet??

Gail Bernstein is the PRO. A few years ago I asked her if she had time Easter weekend and she replied. "Bernstein?? Duh??"

Gail is not only real good RC but she is one of those Judges with all the bells and whistles. She is also not only the first female Commodore Austin Yacht Club ever had...she did it for two years.

She has lined up a crack team of help too.

Hey Jay,
Yes I will be camping out at AYC, in my fabric Hilton (17'x10' dome tent, same one I had at Seabrook). Planning on camping on the point if it looks good. I'll be coming up Friday evening.
Fishingmickey
150087/181157

Five more boats pulled in at 11 pm. The place is starting to fill up. The wind is blowing pretty well already and shows no sign of letting up till about noon Sunday. Air temperature will be high 80s and low nineties all weekend. ( 30 C)
I wonder how long the first 272 liter bottles of water will last??

Wheeeeee

We will post results very soon. The winds and weather were near perfect. it was 95 degrees both days with 10 to 25 gusty stuff Saturday and 3 to 12 shifty stuff Sunday.
We sailed all eight races and did a lot of eating.

We failed to kill the keg Sunday afternoon but we tried hard enough such that we don't expect to be posting results until after work Monday.

We also have about 400 photos which will be posted on line within a couple days.

Back