Whisker Pole Eye Pad

doubled

I'd like to install a whisker pole on my 14.2 boom, noted that local club use a small piece of pvc pipe for the stern end of the pole to rest in parallel to the boom. I'm having problems finding an eye pad to mount of the bow end of the boom to click the pole into. Is there a specific name for that part? Suggestions on a part that might work?

Thanks in Advance!

I have an eye, that I mounted 36" off of the deck on the bow side of the mast. I then hook the whisker pool into that eye. I believe I purchased the eye from Wet marine.

Kent

Here is a plastic one from West Marine

PE-1 Lexan Mast Pad Eye
http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?productId=14597

I used this one on my mast for the whisker pole, I would think it would work as well on the boom for what you want to do. I do like the idea of getting the whisker pole off the floor and out of the way for cruising... which is where mine stays and gets stepped on plenty. Racing, I could imagine it would get tossed onto the floor until you use it again.

Search for "pad eye" on West Marine and you will see plenty of stainless models that might work as well.

-Robert

I'd like to install a whisker pole on my 14.2 boom, noted that local club use a small piece of pvc pipe for the stern end of the pole to rest in parallel to the boom. I'm having problems finding an eye pad to mount of the bow end of the boom to click the pole into. Is there a specific name for that part? Suggestions on a part that might work?

Thanks in Advance!
Catalina Direct makes both a pad eye specifically for the Capri 14.2 and also a whisker pole for the Capri 14.2

Back