Class Politics Where to get a Class Flag

Rob B

I need a Laser class flag/burgee for starting sequences. Vanguard could not tell me where to get one. Any ideas?

Better yet is from the International Laser Class office in England. 10 pounds is about $20 American and with shipping, I got mine for about $25. They also have Radial and 4.7 flags.

http://www.laserinternational.org/flags.htm

P.S. That seems to be a pretty bad failure on the part of Vanguard. Let's hope it's because they are busy building great boats.

Years ago, ours started as a white piece of nice thick sailcloth made into a flag. The euual stuff...heavy grommetts and seams courtesy of bartlett sails of Austin.

The we traced a Laser logo by placing our flag over a Laser sail.

About ten minutes later we had finished "coloring in" the logo with a Sanford King Size red marker.

The more recent flags, Bartlett has completed himself before donating them to our fleet. He has also started sewing a batten from the inboard botom to outboard top. Unfortunatl, the flag now stands out wonderfully in conditions where we should all be doing something else.

We made one with a blown out laser sail. We just cut a square where the laser emblem is and put it on a stick. The downside is that the emblem is only on one side but it works for informal racing.

Cindy Taylor said:
We made one with a blown out laser sail. We just cut a square where the laser emblem is and put it on a stick. The downside is that the emblem is only on one side but it works for informal racing.

So get a red sanford king sized marker and color the other side!! Ten minutes max.

Back