Where is the serial number

HoleInHull

I am new to sailing and looking at what they say is a sunfish with about a 3 inch hole in the hull. How can I find out more about the make and year?

I am new to sailing and looking at what they say is a sunfish with about a 3 inch hole in the hull. How can I find out more about the make and year?

On more recently built boats, the serial number is on the stern (that's the rear end) on the right hand side. Once you report back, we can help you how to decipher that info. You can also use the 'Search' function on this forum to find out yourself. Questions such as yours have come up before.

Visit the Yahoo! Groups sunfish_sailor page. You'll need to "join" but it's free and easy. There is a ton of good info there, including how to identify make and year. Safety info. How to rig. What's important for rec sailing and/or racing. Good luck.

Thank you both for the replies. I have since discovered after I removed all the debris from the cockpit that this is not a sunfish but some other sailboat built by Performance Sailcraft of Montreal.

It is nice to actually get considerate information like you have provided instead of some of the static you get when you ask a question, it is appreciated.

I'll try to find an appropriate forum.

That sunfish_sailor page will have tons of info to help you. Look particularly at "clonefish" type info. The moderator of that page has YEARS of information gathering into the project and I'm confident you'll find lots of useful info for your boat. I know I've seen references to that company before. Enjoy!:rolleyes:

Thanks Gail. I have had a look and it looks like great information. I guess I'll go out and buy the fiberglass kit now.

Back