Where in the world is...Ross Bennett

Rob B

Thread starter #22
So here's a question. You're in Europe for the first time and set up for a regatta. After the first day you're DFL with little hope of improvement. Do you:

A) Keep sailing and wallow in misery because you're not a "quitter".
B) Call it a day and go on a German beer tasting binge.
c) Call it a day and offer support to the cute radial sailors. (assuming you're a guy)

For me at my age, if I saw no room for imrpovment on the race course I would seriously consider a pub crawl.

Options B and C would sound great for a weekend warrior (like I am) or somebody who just sails as a hobby, but I really doubt that anybody who wants to someday become a top level sailor would/should choose these options. Rather than "sailing and wallow in misery because you`re not a quitter" I`d say to continue sailing demostrates somebody who is very resiliant.

So here's a question. You're in Europe for the first time and set up for a regatta. After the first day you're DFL with little hope of improvement. Do you:

A) Keep sailing and wallow in misery because you're not a "quitter".
B) Call it a day and go on a German beer tasting binge.
c) Call it a day and offer support to the cute radial sailors. (assuming you're a guy)

For me at my age, if I saw no room for imrpovment on the race course I would seriously consider a pub crawl.
I would choose a variant of A:

Keep sailing, because boat plus water equals sailing. It's what we do. Thus staying happy. (No misery required :D )

and a variant of C and B:

Get in an hour before the rest of the fleet, scoop up some Radial girls and take them on a beer trail. ( but only if I were single, otherwise it's drinking beer with wife. ;) )

R

Ross B

Just got in town with my German relatives. I'll try and write my regatta report tomorrow, which will be in my usual section. Thanks.

Rob B

Thread starter #32
It's probably difficult to discuss seeing all the effort put into getting there and for whatever reason not sailing. I'm sure he'll share when he's ready.