Votes: 2 2.3%
  • Both

Votes: 26 29.5%

• Total voters
keiran searle AUS said:
hear is a artical that our local laser coach wrote on hiking

[[/b]

Keiran,
That was a good article. Are there any more that you are allowed to share? I tried navigating the website myself and couldn't find anything.

Merrily

Schmidty_AUS said:
have it adjustable so that upwind you have the looset setting you can (which is equal pressure on both your calves and hamstrings) and then when you round the top mark you can pull it to its tighest setting (barely moveable).

OK, this feels like a dumb question, but I've mostly sailed my Laser alone, so here goes. How DO you adjust the strap so you can easily tighten it and loosen it like that?

Merrily

Merrily said:
OK, this feels like a dumb question, but I've mostly sailed my Laser alone, so here goes. How DO you adjust the strap so you can easily tighten it and loosen it like that?

Merrily
This pctiure shows how to rig the toestrap for easy adjustments. I took it from www.roostersailing.com where almost every question will find its answer. How to loosen or to tighten the toestrap should be selfexplaining...

Unfortunately the picture was slidely to big for uploading, but you will find it at the Hints and Tips area too.

Markus said:
This pctiure shows how to rig the toestrap for easy adjustments. I took it from www.roostersailing.com where almost every question will find its answer. How to loosen or to tighten the toestrap should be selfexplaining...

Unfortunately the picture was slidely to big for uploading, but you will find it at the Hints and Tips area too.

Thank you, Markus. I found that great picture and I get it. Looks like I'll need a longer line for my hiking strap.

Janet

It is a bowline with a braided handle for better grip. For tightening you pull that handle and for loosening it you just pull the part of the loop on the other side.

Markus said:
It is a bowline with a braided handle for better grip. For tightening you pull that handle and for loosening it you just pull the part of the loop on the other side.

Thanks. I'm anxious to try it out, but it's kinda cold here. All the docks are out too, so it's hard to get a boat into the water without knocking it around.
I guess I can rig it up and try it on dry land. Part of MY "hibernation."

Merrily

Back