what to do with an old laser?

sailingmania

Dear all,

in my back garden i have an old laser hull which has no spars, sails, foils. (its just the floaty bit!) i was wondering if anyone has any wacky ideas that i could do with it i had one idea of turning it into a jet boat! on e-bay they sell a 3" bore petrol air cooled pump which would propell it along very fast! ising the rudder pintals to point the jet.
any ideas?

air cooled water pump on e-bay ( 3 " bore) http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/New-Maxtra-6-...14&_trkparms=72:1298|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318

the more ideas the better!!! c'mon send em 2 me!!!
the best idea will be chosen! sny may be made!!! (bearing in mind price)

yes, iubut the problem would be getting hold of a rig and one with enough power for two people to get trapezeing and the where to connect the trapeze wires.

I think you only have three reasonable options:

1) Sell it on e-bay.
2) Make a coffee table out of it (painting required).

the only problem would be getting the power out of the rig, as well as being not enough cockpit space, i dont thing a coffe table would be very good as we already have enough although i could make them and sell em on e-bay, lol.

It's kind of big for a coffee table, but if you sliced it in half down the center, it would make a nice bar for a nautical party room. Maybe even no need to cut it up, cause then you could put ice in the cockpit for cooling adult beverages.

To still use it as a boat, get a long set of kayak paddles. The cockpit would be comfy to sit in without a tiller whacking you in the back.

Get a second one and build a raft between them, put a cabin on the raft, and float and pole (punt?) down the Thames, living the best style.

Sorry, I didn't want to elaborate on the 3rd option... it's kindof sad and involves a chainsaw and the local landfill...

Me being the money grubber that I am, Ebay!

Although the Jet Boat sounds kind of cool. Kind of Darwin Awards cool, but cool! :)

:D Actually, there may be a radical operation to a red Starfish (Sunfish clone) I bought for parts for my son's Sunfish. We're talking about a motor and a canopy, a seat in the footwell, red and gold paint - Harley style...

People are always talking about putting a motor in these hull-only jobs, has anyone ever seen one done?

i lie the idea of a cofee table and the idea of taking a chainsaw to it. i was alos thinking of turining it into a floating clumbing frame/ fun boat lol, any ideas? maybe a hovercraft style fan on the back or even an amphibious trike thingy lol.

any other wacky ideas welcome!!!

ive just had another idea of making the transom buoyancy aerea into an outboard well with a 15hp longshaft outboard in it and the hull on hydrofoils as this would be a great laugh and very fast lol.

i have just had an idea of cutting it into sections and then selling tem on e bay as hiking benches with their own piece of rope as a hiking strap lol.

Back