What's new

What life jacket to wear?

Wolo4

I have a dumb question about the style/type life jacket to wear while sailing? I don't like the ones that ride up on you when sitting.

NCWindRunner

I have a dumb question about the style/type life jacket to wear while sailing? I don't like the ones that ride up on you when sitting.
I wear a West Marine jacket that I think is more of a kayaking jacket. I believe they are higher cut. I've never had an issue with it riding up. In fact, if you're able to see my profile picture I am wearing it (unzipped though).

Wavedancer

Upside down?
Staff member
It's quite personal and I highly recommend that you try on several PFDs before you buy.
I have a Gill one (bought at a discount). It's pretty similar to the Onyx one mentioned above.

Reactions: tag

SuperC

Stohlquist is the preferred PFD at my club. They are comfortable and stay in place well. My husband has it and likes it a lot. I got a women’s kayaking one for myself and don’t much like it. It has a high back intended to sort of sit on top of the seat back and gets caught on the boom when I don’t bend down far enough. Kids have NRS. When we bought last summer, everything was out of stock. We took what we could get.
E0D9B2C9-B6CA-4A07-9BB5-3264482E7032.png