What Laser promotions for webstore? (Part II)

WestCoast

Ok, part II is, what the hell kind of promotions get you excited? What would it take to get you to tell all your friends about the service and crazy promotion going on at the West Coast store?

Free stuff for randomly selected customers (tillers, mainsheet, etc etc to every 10th customer)?

Free sail for every 20th customer.....

Free Shipping?

Straight discount for TLF members?

Entered into a contest (3 free sails, etc)

Every item get's a free small gift (clew strap, whatever)

--------
Is it just Laser sails that would get people excited enough to bring their business to the store, what type of promotion would you be most excited about?

WestCoast said:
Ok, part II is, what the hell kind of promotions get you excited? What would it take to get you to tell all your friends about the service and crazy promotion going on at the West Coast store?

Free stuff for randomly selected customers (tillers, mainsheet, etc etc to every 10th customer)?

Free sail for every 20th customer.....

Free Shipping?

Straight discount for TLF members?

Entered into a contest (3 free sails, etc)

Every item get's a free small gift (clew strap, whatever)

--------
Is it just Laser sails that would get people excited enough to bring their business to the store, what type of promotion would you be most excited about?

Just give me the best price and free shipping and I'll buy there.

Hey Westcoast - You sound like a really nice guy, and I think it's great that you support this forum - but you shouldn't post like this in the main forum! If you have to post your business focussed threads here, at least do it in the "open discussion" forum.

this will be the last 'business thread' ever, I swear!

I'm just trying to get all the input on some good Laser promotions, but I swear, no more business threads in this forum :)

sorry friend, don't mean to be a bother

Geezer- I do free shipping, and the prices are as low as can be advertised.

Do you search out for a special sale/discount on laser sails when you buy, or do you have loyalty to the shop that has always given the lowest price?

Got a Clearance section now, working on it furiously to incorporate all suggestions.

---------
Would a FREE SAIL giveaway be the right way to go to generate interest?

FREE stuff compared to discounts to get people to visit the store for the first time?

that's what I need to decide.

I think that your online store is key to get people to buy stuff. Not everyone can make a trip to portland to visit your store, so you might want to incorporate any "deals" or givaways into your webstore.

Glen-

that's the plan.

Am trying to put together a package with Free Shipping, and some cool promotions, to earn the business of fellow LASER sailors.

The webstore is pretty much finished, I've been working hard on it for the last few weeks to tweek it per people's suggestions.

Seems like not a lot of ideas for promotions. I'll come up with something....

Well I have been a customer of Westcoast sailing and I have to say, the service was brilliant.

I am always sceptical of ordering over the internet, but the prompt, if not immediate response to the many email questions I had was brilliant, the delivery was prompt and everything was secure.

The service alone would make me order from you again. However if you were looking for business, I would go with the give away, ie clewstrap etc, that way everyone who orders know they are getting something. You never hear of the person who wins the sail etc, I am sure they are out there but I think people would rather bet on a sure thing then go the long shot if you know what I mean.

Good luck with your business, if you offer the same service to everyone as you did for me, I am sure it will be a success.

KO.

Laserite spent a lot of timing organizing a group order for her friends. And she's been doing well in her regional competitions.

Nothing beats customers who want to go fast and who you connect with on an individual level through a love of Laser sailing :)

Back