What is my Sail Number on a Laser II

Number1Dog

If all I have is the Hull ID #. The sail is without a number.

The boat is a 1988 hull since the last two digits on the Hull ID are 88?

any suggestions.
Thanks
Dog

Number1Dog said:
If all I have is the Hull ID #. The sail is without a number.

The boat is a 1988 hull since the last two digits on the Hull ID are 88?

any suggestions.
Thanks
Dog

Number1Dog, this is what laser.org has to say about sail and hull numbers, and yes, it looks like an '88 boat. :) Merrily

What's my sail number? How old is my boat?
Check the transom of your boat for the serial number, it'll look something like this:

OQTG9363 M900

The first three characters indicate the builder. The next five characters are the sail number. The remaining characters indicate when the boat was built and the model year.

Boats with sail number 100,000 and above will have a letter to indicate the first two digits of the sail number. A = 10, B = 11, C = 12 etc..

For example if the serial number is: OQT H1234 Z500 then the sail number is 171234. The first two digits "17" being indicated by the character "H".

On older Lasers the last four digits of the serial number may be missing. On very old Lasers, 1971 to 1973 approximately, the sail number only will be found on the deck under the bow eye.

Number1Dog said:
After the first three spaces I have 06929, I do have a D in front of that so would that make it 1306929 ?
dog

Can't be. Back to the drawing board!

Merrily

hello,
I was looking around on some websites and saw that if your laser II was built in the year of 1988 the sail number will be between the numbers 6583 - 7330.

That's all i have found so far. There has go to be a website out there that gives you a sail number for you Hull ID. But if you are really desperate, you could just just email the laser II manufacturer and ask them to look it up.

Hello Dawg,
I'd be willing to bet that your sail number is suposed to be 6929. From what you have posted and what Collen (laser sailorette) has come up with. Call it a SWAG on my part, but a pretty good one I think.
Regards,
Fishingmickey
181157/150087

I agree, therfore from now on I herby dub myself laser 2 sail #6929!

Thank you everyone for your help and research !

see you on the waves!

Back