What 'extras' do I need with a new Laser

Cut-Throat Jake

Hi Everybody

I live on the coast in a really cool part of the world; I've just started sailing, from scratch, and it's been great. Where I live is a bit remote however and second hand Lasers are as rare as rocking horse dung — so I've had to order a new Laser XD.

Here's my question: besides the Laser itself, what else do I need to buy? I ordered a dolly and I remembered to order a top cover, which is an 'extra'. Are there any other extras that I need? Centre board bungee? Something to stop the mast falling out?

I'm holidaying in the UK at the moment so it would be good to get any of that stuff now, while it's cheap and easy to buy.

Thanks in advance for any advice – on this specific question or any other suggestions for new Laser owners.

Jake

Having inadvertently set out without one the other week and cursing myself all day - make sure you have a wind indicator!

For the boat you might want to upgrade some of the factory lines just so the controls work better, aka Rooster polilite mainsheet, also maybe pick up a practice sail so if you want to do class racing you don't wear out the class sail.

As for you, definitely get some comfortable clothing, hiking pants, sailing gloves for windy conditions, pfd. You'll sail longer and enjoy it more if you're comfortable

The rooster stuff is great roostersailing.com , we carry it here in the states

Back