what do yall think

er111a

laser_sailer
How do I look In This Photo?
6821_159297863841_669193841_2758140_5527667_n.jpg

In my honest opinion! no offence the boat and the sailing gear could do with an upgrade, maybe some xd kit? and a new sail! but otherwise if ur doing a roll tack which i suppose you are then you doing it well! just remember to jump on the side! so it gives you a good speed boost! and remember when not roll tacking keep the boat flat!!!

NICE ROLL TACK!
SORRY ABOUT CRITISISM OF BOAT AND GEAR!!!

I'm not sure what exactly you are looking for/trying to achieve, but yes.

PS: It looks like you slow-mo'd a roll tack, pulled the "sit on the new leeward side for a little while" in an attempt to salvage it, and, in the picture, are attempting to now flatten out the boat (in a rather slow manner), but that's also going wrong because the tack was doomed from the start due to aforementioned reasons.

That is my honest guess of what that picture is.

Not sure what you are looking for in commentary. It's a cool shot. I like orange. Looks like a great roll tack to me. Though for flat water and light air, you've got too much draft in the sail.

I think you need to upgrade your Laser to this model.
laser%20twin%20rudder.jpg

I saw that posted on the front page of SA earlier today. As a person fixing up two old lasers on a limited budged that makes me sick to see that done to a nice new hull.

I have a question about the original picture..

Why can you see the mast? it looks like its aluminum and not sail over it?

Am I crazy?

I saw that posted on the front page of SA earlier today. As a person fixing up two old lasers on a limited budged that makes me sick to see that done to a nice new hull.

I think it's just a demo to show the difference in accessories; If you look closely, you can see that there are two different types of tiller extension.

But I agree, it is a bit of a waste.

EDIT:
It's also got the three Laser rigs in the hull: Laser, Radial, and 4.7

I think it's just a demo to show the difference in accessories; If you look closely, you can see that there are two different types of tiller extension.

But I agree, it is a bit of a waste.

EDIT:
It's also got the three Laser rigs in the hull: Laser, Radial, and 4.7

I get what they are doing, still a waste. Is it that tough to rig 3 boats in a row? I know, I know, limited floor space, hauling 3 boats instead of one to a show.

The way I look at it there could have been potential for 3 floor models to have been sold and used.

I have a question about the original picture..

Why can you see the mast? it looks like its aluminum and not sail over it?

Am I crazy?

I don't know if you are crazy, Eddie. But it is an interesting question. It didn't strike me as odd until you pointed it out. I guess my eye interpreted it as shadow, but that's a lot of shadow.

It looks like there is an itty bitty change in color/composition near the tack of the sail. It still looks like this happens way too far up the mast to be the bottom of the sail on the mast.
(if that makes any sense...^)

So er111a, you holding out on us with a new sail design you have been working on?

Most likely due to the age and depleted thickness of the sail. If it was wet, that would exaggerate the effect even more.

Back