What can I do to get these creases out of my jib? They look ugly and I wont sleep well until I get em out.

DeereJ18

What would you guys do to get these creases out of my jib? I tried to furl the jib up tight without creases but the sail still kept the creases...
(Dont worry, I will not be ironing the sail)
20191128_153252.jpg
20191128_153259.jpg
20191128_153244.jpg

Get a furling jib so it's rolled up when not in use. Problem solved! :D

Sorry, wish I knew how to remove creases, but my jib is the furling design. Unfortunately, I keep my mainsail in a bag, so I'll likely be in your same position sooner or later. :(

Get a furling jib so it's rolled up when not in use. Problem solved! :D

Sorry, wish I knew how to remove creases, but my jib is the furling design. Unfortunately, I keep my mainsail in a bag, so I'll likely be in your same position sooner or later. :(
Oh, you cant really tell in the pics but jib is roller furling. I just acquired this boat and I noticed the creases in the jib. Thanks tho.

That looks like a different type of fabric than what came with the Mod 1 I have. Yours looks stiffer, probably more efficient for racing. Mine appears to be a softer material which can be flaked on the boom (where I leave the main stored during the season) or jib bound into a tube shape on the deck to be hoisted when ready. I preferred to compose a tag line system that enables me to work the jib singlehandedly for a fraction of the cost of roller furling setup. Also folding the sails to store in the bag, in all cases the fabric never has any wrinkling issues.....

Back