What boat is this sail for?

rem984

I know this is sort of a long shot, but I recently acquired the sail pictured below. I have NO IDEA what its for, and the logo doesn't really strike a bell with me either. Any help identifying this would be greatly appreciated!

It measures 8' across the foot, and approx. 14' along the luff, if that helps.

Attachments

• DSC01270.jpg
    DSC01270.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 37
  • DSC01271.jpg
    DSC01271.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 36
That much I'm already aware of. I was thinking more along the lines of what kind of sailboard is it for -- if only just the name of the manufacturer.

I know this is sort of a long shot, but I recently acquired the sail pictured below. I have NO IDEA what its for, and the logo doesn't really strike a bell with me either. Any help identifying this would be greatly appreciated!
Does this appear to be the same emblem?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------V
Slide3-1.jpg

"Windsurfer" brand, maybe :confused:

The logo looks pretty similar to the one in the top right hand corner of that picture, so it would appear to be a "Windsurfer" sail. Now if only I could find out more about them... there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of information on their boards.

Not a "Windsurfer" brand -

IIRC, it's a Windglider brand, which came out some years after the Windsurfer. Later on, I think it was sold to Mistral.

I think there is currently a Mistral Windglider model, but it's a training board, not what the original Windglider board was..

Not a "Windsurfer" brand - IIRC, it's a Windglider brand, which came out some years after the Windsurfer. Later on, I think it was sold to Mistral.
Ahhh..., thanks. I was stretching to remember back to the late 1980s when I dabbled in that sport. The whole activity was fledgling with brand names appearing and disappearing every month. Looks like hundreds of boards out there now, what with all the different niche purposes. And the sails, Holy Cow, everybody and their brother makes specialty sails.

Back