What Blade Bag?

What type of blade bag is better/safer to have for good safe keeping of blades.

• Total voters

flash1113

Hello I just got a new set of GRP Laser blades. I am looking for a good blade bag too buy. The blade bags that you put the blades in sideways to store seem to be very safe. Thanks so much!

http://coliesail.com/media/catalog/...df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/8/7/87106.jpg

That's the kind I've always used, I think its easier because you don't have to zip or velcro lengthwise,

In our fleet, most people use that style as well, same for our club boats

I've never had the blade fall out even on my old bag that never quite zipped, protected my blades quite well

I'd think that if the zipper was on the other part of the bag, it wouldn't be quite as strong and would be more likely to fail

Hope that helps,

http://coliesail.com/media/catalog/...df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/8/7/87106.jpg

That's the kind I've always used, I think its easier because you don't have to zip or velcro lengthwise,

In our fleet, most people use that style as well, same for our club boats

I've never had the blade fall out even on my old bag that never quite zipped, protected my blades quite well

I'd think that if the zipper was on the other part of the bag, it wouldn't be quite as strong and would be more likely to fail

Hope that helps,

I've had both ones that load from the top and load from the side, and I much prefer the ones which load from the side. My old top-loading one had velcro, which was impossible to keep open for the entire length of the bag.

I have the standard laser bag & it works well, I also brought a Rooster bag & was disappointed,
it has a lot less room for the tiller & extension to the point of both the tiller & extension will hardly go in there pocket together.
The blade part is very tight with no room at all, the zipper is bursting at the seams when trying to do up.

For any kind of covers, I would only go with Colie. The quality is so superior and it will last for decades. Even though the intensity one is nice (like all of their stuff), it doesn't fit the longest tiller extensions (48" +) in the pocket - it's just a little too short.

My Ronstan Battlestick 49" fits very well in my IntensitySails bag. The bag has adjustable velcro straps for closing the tiller pocket that are long enough for tiller extensions of 48" and more.

Regards,
Rodolfo

Have to cast my vote for the Intensity Sails bag as well. Quality and fit is superb, and excellent value for the money. And it definitely accommodates the longer tiller extensions, since I've got one myself. As noted above, it's adjustable for the longer sticks. Looks pretty darn cool, as well.

I've got the Intensity one as well. Really like it. Just FYI, you can still chip your daggerboard trailing edge if you drop it on the floor. Ask me how I know.

I have the blue APS bag. It is constructed well and robust. loading from the top is a little awkward. Protects the blades well and handles my 54" teller extension with no problem.

Back